It is said that a woman has three significant moments in her life: The day she was born, the day she gives birth, and her wedding day. With the first and second moments, sense of fashion and style is irrelevant. But with the third, looking and feeling your best is crucial! Unfortunately for most brides-to-be, the days leading up to the wedding can turn out to be some of the most stressful, and the end-result is far from perfect. However, it need not be so.
The most important aspect of the wedding is the bridal wear – the gown for the bride, dresses for the bridesmaid and mothers of the bride and groom, and the suits for the groom and bestmen. The number of fashion options available for wedding and bridal couture is endless, and the task of choosing the right styles can be daunting.
While off-the-shelf wedding dresses are often easy to find and purchase, the fit is rarely perfect. Therefore, the best advice for a bride-to-be is to have a dress tailor-made. Standard wedding dress materials include silk, chiffon, Georgette and laces (for accessories).
To look good is to feel good, and so the right match of material and style is important. d’Italia, a designer fabric store in Malvern, strongly recommends a visit to some top-end bridal boutiques to try on different styles before visiting the fabric store, for the following reasons:
• to be sure that the style you had in mind does in fact suit your body shape
• in case you might see some other styles you had not considered, which you should try on in case you end up liking them better
• to compare the feel of different types of fabrics, such as soft, flowing crepe satins or stiffer, firmer dupion or duchess satins
• to literally move – and we mean MOVE!- around in the styles to be sure you will be comfortable sitting, dancing, getting in and out of cars, etc…this is most important
• to experience what it is like to wear different lengths of trains, as you may decide afterwords that you would prefer not to have one at all
• to see what different shades of traditional bridal colours actually look like on your skin – such as white, silk white, ivory, champagne, oyster, etc.
d’Italia has in store the finest in bridal couture quality. It also has optional referral services to some of Australia’s best wedding couture seamstresses. Additionally, recommendations of best fit and styles are available in-store. For those stressed-out brides-to-be, visiting such a store is the best option available to obtain the perfect wedding dress.
d’Italia’s cloth comes directly from the same European manufacturers who supply to haute couture labels like Gucci, Armani and Escada. The available fabrics in-store are also perfect for the tailored creations for bridesmaids and mother-of-the-bride dresses. Referrals to seamstresses who specialize in evening wear and dinner gowns are also an available option.